There are many people who want to know how to clean vornado fan or how to take care it. Vornado is a household name when it comes to heating and cooling products. One of their most popular products is the V-1, or simply a Vornado fan. People either love them or hate them with fervor, but those who love these small appliances intend for them to be used year-round in their homes.
And for the most part, that is just fine. But if you find yourself in a situation where the fan has stopped working, or if you want to put it away for the season, you might be wondering how to clean a Vornado fan.
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to clean a Vornado fan. Keep in mind that these cleaning instructions are primarily written for an easier process of cleaning your Vornado fan, but not the actual motor parts inside itself.
Table of Contents
What is the Vornado?
The Vornado is a brand of home and office fans that has been around for quite some time. Vornado fans range in price and have many different features. This article will be about the Vornado 660/630/633/530/533.
What models are there?
There are several different models for Vornado fans, and the following table will show you all of the models that have been released.
Vornado 660: This is a small fan with a small, adjustable air speed on it. It has been around for a long time and is one of their most popular fans in general.
Vornado fan cleaning materials:
- Cotton swabs: 1-2
- Mild dish soap (or detergent)
- A soft cloth with a lot of cleaning ability (some say a t-shirt works best for this)
- A small, wet towel to place over the fan to dry it out. You can also use a piece of cotton fabric or newspaper. Vornado fans are inexpensive and reasonable to replace in the event that one breaks.
How to clean Vornado fan: Follow The 5 Steps Carefully
Step 1: Take off the motor cover and the small fan blades.
This is the easiest part of cleaning your Vornado fan, as you have to remove just a few screws. Make sure to take note of where they are, especially if you don’t want to ruin that part of the fan. Doing so will be easy since you will be putting it back on in a minute.
Step 2: Unplug the Vornado fan or remove the power cord from the wall outlet.
Now you need to take a soft, clean cloth and wipe down the entire fan. Make sure not to get the cloth too wet. You can even use a small amount of mild detergent in the cloth if you want to save money on a specialized cleaner. Also, check for any exposed wires or fraying wires before proceeding with the next steps.
Step 3: Remove the rubber grates from the fan(s).
The grilles are easily removable, though you might not be able to tell when looking at them initially. However, if you look closely enough, you will see two or three little grooves on the fan. These are the grooves that you need to remove.
You might have to twist a little bit here, but it will pop out.
Step 4: Unscrew the large fan head from the base unit of your Vornado fan.
The most difficult part of this step is finding where it is located within the base unit of your Vornado fan. The screws are hidden in a little nook, but they tend to be hidden in a simple place.
Step 5: Remove the large fan.
Some Vornado fans have been said to be easy to take apart, while others have been said to be very difficult to remove. But regardless of how you go about it, the process should not be too complicated for you. If it is too hard for you to unscrew, consider buying a brand-new Vornado fan instead of attempting this step on your own.
How to clean Vornado fan 660/630/633/530/533?
You might have already seen the information above on how to clean a Vornado fan, but if you did not, you should read the following section right away.
Consider the following when cleaning your Vornado 660/630/633/530/533 fan:
- It is recommended that you wash the fan with warm soapy water/detergent and make sure it is completely dry before reattaching the grilles and putting it back into use.
- It is recommended that you do this on a regular basis since the fan will be exposed to dust and other debris throughout the day.
- It is recommended that you clean the fan before taking it out of storage for the winter. For more details on how to clean Vornado fans, click here.
- It is recommended that you remove all of the filters from both sides of the blades and brush them out as best as you can. Replacing these filters will help your fan to work more effectively and efficiently throughout the year.
How to clean Vornado fan tower?
Follow the steps from the article How to Clean a Vornado Fan above, but this time refer to what is written below.
- Unscrew the large fan head from the base unit of your Vornado fan.
- Remove the large fans by unscrewing them from their stands. This can be a little difficult and time-consuming, so don’t worry if it takes you a little while to complete this task.
- You will now see the motor underneath the fan, and this is where you will clean your Vornado fan tower.
- If you are cleaning a Vornado 660 or 530/533/633, then this is where you will wash your fan tower with warm soapy water and let it air dry before putting it back together again. It is recommended that you do this on a regular basis since the fan will be exposed to dust and other debris throughout the day.
- If you are cleaning a Vornado 440/630, then this is where you will remove the small metal base.
- It is recommended that you clean all of the filters from both sides of the blades and brush them out as best as you can. Replacing these filters will help your fan to work more effectively and efficiently throughout the year. The metal base will help add extra stability to your tower so that it does not topple over.
How to clean Vornado air circulator?
If you are cleaning a Vornado air circulator, then this is where you will wash your fan tower with warm soapy water and let it air dry before putting it back together again. It is recommended that you do this on a regular basis since the fan will be exposed to dust and other debris throughout the day.
How to clean Vornado table fans?
First remove the blades from their hinges on the sides of each fan. The blades are easily detachable and can be put back on after cleaning. Remove the grilles on each fan by simply taking out all four plastic pins that hold them in place.
- Remove the dust filters from both sides of the blades (some models have one on each side), then brush out any crumbs or dust that is caught inside of them. This will keep the fan clean and reduce the problems of clogged air vents over time.
- Clean the fan plate with a damp cloth. It should not be too wet, but you can use mild detergent if you want to.
- Use a spray bottle to moisten the cloth and then use it to clean the grilles.
- Take your time cleaning each side of the fan so that you do a good job and prevent yourself from rushing this step.
- Put the blades back on each fan and then attach the grilles to each fan.
- Attach the fans to their stands and plug them in.
How to clean Vornado desk fans?
First, remove the dust filters from both sides of the blades (some models have one on each side), then brush out any crumbs or dust that is caught inside of them. This will keep the fan clean and reduce the problems of clogged air vents over time.
How do you take apart a Vornado fan to clean it?
To clean a Vornado fan, you will want to use warm soapy water in order to do this.
Then, you will want to remove the cap from the brush, and then you can start cleaning the fan. This is a Vornado fan; therefore, you will want to ensure that the air circulator has been taken apart completely.
After this, simply put the grilles back on and then put it back together after it has been cleaned.
How do you remove the grill from a Vornado fan?
To remove the grill from a Vornado fan, you need to pull all of the tabs out. One way to do this is by placing your thumb or finger on each tab and then pulling it away from the fan. This will then give you access to the plate in order to clean it.
How do you get grease out of a vent fan?
To get grease out of a vent fan, you will want to use dish soap and a rag. Simply wet the rag and then use it to clean the grease off of the grill. After this, simply wipe the grease off with a paper towel if you wish to do so.
video credit: Karl ale
Conclusion of how to clean Vornado fans.
Vornado has been making fans for a very long time, and the company has become quite popular for the quality of its products. Vornado fans are known to be high quality and are used in many homes throughout the world.
Their fans can help your home stay cooler by circulating the air through your home during warm months. These fans come in different sizes, shapes, designs, and colors to meet just about any of your fan needs.
You need to clean your Vornado fan because it will help to ensure that your fan does not clog over time. All of the dust and other particles carried around by air can easily be filtered out before they have the chance to do any damage.
My Vornado fan has been in my family for years and it’s one of my favorite summer items because it makes me feel like I don’t even need an air conditioner since this awesome fan is so effective at cooling down the room.