Do you know how to clean silk flowers Martha Stewart properly? First, you have to know what is Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart is a hugely popular American businesswoman and television star who is well known for her love of flowers. In the 1990s, Martha Stewart took on a new business venture with her magazine offering creative ideas for anyone interested in entertaining at home.
It became an instant success and was soon joined by many other best-selling books and television programs aimed at teaching viewers homemaking skills and decorating tips based on personal style. This article will guide you through how to clean silk flowers that she made.
Why need to clean silk flowers, Martha Stewart?
Silk flowers are beautiful artificial plants that are often used in home decorating and parties. These flowers are made of delicate material. Therefore, silk flowers are easy to be polluted by dust and pollutants, leading to fade. If silk flowers need to be used for a long time, cleaning is necessary before using them.
What is needed to clean silk flowers, Martha Stewart?
- First, you need a soft brush. You can use a soft toothbrush or a soft makeup brush to clean silk flowers.
- Second, you need some water. Tap water is fine as long as it is clean and not chlorinated.
- Third, you need some detergent. Washing up liquid is perfect for cleaning silk flowers. If there is no washing-up liquid at home, you can also use dishwashing liquid (without bleach) to clean silk flowers. Another alternative is shampoo (without conditioner).
- Fourth, you need a soft towel. You can use an old hem to wipe your fingers after cleaning silk flowers.
Another option is to use some professional silk flower cleaning products. Silk flowers cleaning products that you can use are:
- – Washing up liquid (without bleach)
- – Dishwashing liquid (without bleach)
- – Shampoo (without conditioner)
- – Sponge or soft toothbrush
- – Soft towel
What are the best silk flowers Martha Stewart cleaning products?
- Washing up liquid. Washing up liquid is the most common cleaning agent because it is a mild soap and can clean your silk flowers without polluting the color of your silk flowers.
- Dishwashing Liquid (without Bleach). Dishwashing liquid (without bleach) is also a good silk flower cleaning product, because it doesn’t contain chlorine, so it won’t damage the color of your silk flowers.
- Shampoo (without Conditioner). Another popular cleaning agent is shampoo without conditioner. If you have only a little amount of shampoo and you don’t want to waste it, it is a good idea to buy some shampoo without a conditioner.
- Sponge or Toothbrush. You can also use silk flower cleaning products such as a toothbrush or soft sponge to clean silk flowers. You can put about one full cap full of toothbrushes or sponges in the water and rinse your silk flowers with the liquid to clean them.
See more: How to clean gardening gloves? (The best guide for 2022)
How to clean silk flowers Martha Stewart in 5 steps?
- First, wet the sponge or toothbrush and place it into the water. Then, clean your silk flowers.
- Second, wring the liquid and do not use too much force while pouring it onto the silk flower. You can also use washing-up liquid without bleach to clean your silk flowers if you don’t have any other products in your house.
- Third, rinse silk flowers with water after you have finished cleaning them with the liquid to remove dirt and dust particles from them.
- Fourth, dry your silk flowers with a soft towel.
- Fifth, use a toothbrush or sponge to clean the hard-to-reach place and corners of your silk flowers. After that, you can use a soft cloth to wipe it gently, and do not scrub the petal with it.
Easy steps of clean the artificial flower arrangements?
- First, you need a soft cloth or towel.
- Second, wipe your artificial flower arrangement with a damp cloth to remove dirt and dust particles from them.
- Third, dry your artificial floral arrangements with a soft towel or soft cloth.
When your silk flowers are dirty, you may need to clean them more frequently. Martha Stewart suggests cleaning silk flowers at least once a week. But if you live in an environment with a lot of air pollution, you may need to clean them more often.
How to clean silk flowers, Martha Stewart, in a vase?
If you don’t have a soft towel, you can use an old hem to wipe your fingers after cleaning silk flowers. Another alternative is to use some professional silk flower cleaning products. You can apply a toothbrush or soft sponge to clean your artificial floral arrangements and the vase.
How to clean silk flowers, Martha Stewart, with vinegar?
There are many articles on cleaning silk flowers online, but they don’t talk about how to clean silk flowers with vinegar. Martha Stewart suggests that you can use vinegar to clean silk flowers, but you have to make sure that the vinegar is white vinegar.
How to use silk flower cleaning spray?
You can use silk flower cleaning spray to clean silk flowers quickly. Now there are many kinds of silk flower cleaning spray on the market, but you should choose the non-toxic and eco-friendly one for your home environment.
How to clean artificial flowers in the dishwasher?
- First, put your silk flowers into a mesh net bag. (If you don’t have a mesh net bag, you can also put your silk flowers into an old pillowcase.) Then, tie up the open end of the pillowcase with string.
- Next, place the mesh or pillowcase into the top rack of the dishwasher to clean them.
- Lastly, take the cleaned silk flowers out of the mesh bag or pillowcase and dry them with a soft towel after they are washed by the dishwasher.
Watch the video till the end to learn how to clean silk flowers Martha Stewart properly.
video credit: Astar’s Place
How to clean silk flower arrangement with baby wipes?
If you have no other products, then you can use baby wipes to clean your silk flowers. However, some people are worried about the effect of baby wipes on silk flowers.
Another post: How to clean a golf glove?( Best guide for 2022 )
How to easy-clean silk flowers, Martha Stewart, in acrylic water?
- Mix water, vinegar, and salt.
- Then, pour the mixture into the acrylic container and add your silk flowers to the container.
- Lastly, put the lid on and let the flowers soak in it for 20 minutes.
How to clean silk flower arrangement without water?
- First, put the silk flowers in a mesh or pillowcase.
- Next, put the mesh or pillowcase inside of a plastic bag and tie the open end with string.
- Then, put your silk flowers into ice cube trays and place them in the freezer for about 3 hours to freeze water on them. Afterward, take out the silk flowers from the ice cube trays and let them dry on a towel upside down for about 1 hour.
- Lastly, remove the ice cubes from your silk flowers and put them back into the trays. Then, place your silk flowers back into the freezer for another 3 hours to freeze water on them again.
- After you have done so, take out your silk flowers from the trays and let them dry on a towel upside down. Repeat this process until there is no more water left on your silk flowers and they are completely dry (about 2 days).
Frequently asked some questions about how to clean silk flowers, Martha Stewart.
What is the best way to clean silk flowers?
There are many different ways to clean silk flowers, but the best way is to clean them with non-toxic cleaning agents such as shampoo without conditioner or soap. You can also use vinegar or baking soda to clean your silk flowers. But you have to make sure that the cleaning agent is non-toxic if you have kids in your home or if someone in your family has allergic reactions.
How do you clean artificial silk flowers?
Martha Stewart suggests you can use non-toxic shampoo without conditioner to clean your artificial floral arrangements. You can also wash your artificial floral arrangements in the rinsing machine with water, but Martha Stewart does not recommend this option because it may damage your artificial flowers.
How to clean artificial silk flowers in the washing machine?
- First, put the washed silk flowers into a mesh bag or pillowcase.
- Then, put the silk flowers into a mesh or pillowcase and pour a little of your favorite shampoo into the bag.
- Lastly, put the bag into a mesh net bag and tie the open end with string. Then, place the bag inside of your washing machine when you are done washing them.
How does Mrs. Hinch clean artificial flowers?
The most effective way to clean your artificial flowers is to use a bowl filled with hot water, vinegar, and salt. You can also place the bowl into the freezer for about 2 hours and use it again. Do this until there is no more water left on your artificial flowers.
Can you wash silk flowers in the dishwasher?
Some people are worried that the hot temperature in the dishwasher will damage their silk flowers. But according to Good Housekeeping, the dishwasher is not hot enough to damage silk flowers. However, Martha Stewart suggests that you can use this method to clean your silk flowers:
- Put your silk flowers into a mesh or pillowcase and tie up the open end of the pillowcase with string. Then, put them into a mesh net bag and tie them up with string again.
- Next, freeze your silk flowers for about 3 hours and take them out of the bag. Then, put them into a mesh net bag and tie them up again.
- Place your silk flowers into the top rack of the dishwasher to clean them in cold water with no soap or detergent. Don’t place your silk flowers in another part of the dishwasher such as the bottom rack because they may get too hot or damage them. Afterward, remove your clean silk flowers out of the mesh bag and put them on a towel upside down to dry.
How do you keep artificial flowers from fading outside?
Silk flowers fade naturally over time, so you have to clean them once in 4 weeks to keep them fresh and beautiful. You can also hang your silk flowers outside in a shaded area without direct sun on them. If you do this, they should retain their freshness for about 2-3 weeks.
How do you make fake flowers look better?
To make your artificial flowers look better, you have to keep them clean and remove any insects that have attacked the flowers. You can clean your silk flowers with hot water and a mild detergent, then let them dry completely. Afterward, spray room freshener on them and put them on display.
Silk flowers are a wonderful addition to any home and they add elegance to your home decor. However, you have to take good care of them because they can be expensive. You have to clean your silk flowers at least once in 4 weeks with warm soapy water. If you don’t clean them frequently, then mold will grow on your silk flowers and it may damage the color of your silk flowers and make them grey.