You have ended up here trying to find “how to clean pee out of toddler shoes” before starting to read my post about the same topic. Well, you are on the right page right now.
It’s never a good day when you find that your child has peed in their shoes, but what you do next can make all the difference! You may want to throw out the shoes but don’t.
This post will show you how to clean pee out of toddler shoes.
Why need to clean pee out of toddler shoes?
There are many reasons why it is important to clean pee out of toddler shoes. First and foremost, the shoes can absorb a variety of bacteria, leading to tooth decay and infections.
If a shoe gets wet, mold may start to grow inside the shoe, which can cause respiratory problems or trigger diarrhea, among other things. Thus, if a child’s shoes are dirty or wet after they happen to get peed in them, you should clean them as soon as possible.
What is needed to clean pee out of toddler shoes?
- A container for soaking
- Some warm, soapy water
- An old toothbrush
- Rubber gloves
What are the best toddler shoe cleaning products?
- All Natural Shoe Cleaner
- All-Natural Spray Shoe Cleaning Solution
Related post: How to clean Adidas shoes in Best 4 Steps.
How to clean pee out of toddler shoes step by step?
- Turn the shoes inside out.
- Soak the shoes in warm, soapy water.
- Rinse the shoe with warm water and dry thoroughly.
- Drop some All Natural Shoe Cleaner onto a toothbrush and scrub evenly all over the shoe, including around toe boxes and heel lift straps.
- Dry the shoes thoroughly with paper towels or an old towel before putting them back on your child’s feet!
How to easily clean pee out of light-up shoes?
- Soak the shoes in warm soapy water (You can choose mild dish soap or All Natural Shoe Cleaner if your child is allergic to anything).
- Rinse out.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to scrub around the shoe and around the opening, lifting any dirt and grime that has settled into crevices while you were washing the outside of the shoe.
- Place them upside down on a rack or drying hanger to dry completely.
(Note: Make sure that you have a clean and dry pair of shoes to wear while the first pair of shoes are drying.)
- Once the shoes are completely dry, line the insides with newspaper or brown paper bags (the ink will not rub off on your child’s feet), and place some All Natural Shoe Deodorizer inside.
- Once the shoes have dried and been worn many times, store them in the shoe cabinet with a new pair of dry shoes to prevent odor.
How to get the pee smell out of toddler shoes?
You might be surprised that the smell of your child’s urine can linger long after the pee is gone. An easy way to get the pee smell out of toddler shoes is to thoroughly wash the shoes with warm water and detergent, then sprinkle some baking soda on them. Leave it overnight and shake off any excess in the morning before you put them back on your child’s feet.
Related post: How to clean white leather shoes?
How to remove the smell from toddler shoes instantly?
It is important to understand how the smell is created. The smell is mainly caused by bacteria and their natural waste products that accumulate in the fabric.
Bacteria and their waste products create ammonia, which turns into a powerful odor when it combines with other chemicals.
- Sprinkle some baking soda inside the shoes.
- Use a toothbrush to thoroughly scrub around the shoe and inside the opening, lifting any dirt and grime that has settled into crevices while you were washing the outside of the shoe.
- Once cleaned, place them upside down on a rack or drying hanger to dry completely.
- Once dry, use a damp cloth to clean the shoes.
Frequently asked some questions about how to clean pee out of toddler shoes.
How do you get toddler pee out of shoes?
The best way to get toddler pee out of shoes is to thoroughly wash them with warm water and detergent, then sprinkle some baking soda on them. Leave it overnight and shake off any excess in the morning before you put them back on your child’s feet.
How do you clean pee out of shoes?
Baking soda has very high alkalinity, which can neutralize the smell. Sprinkle a little baking soda into the shoes and rub it in using your fingers or a toothbrush.
Leave it overnight and shake off any excess in the morning before you put them back on your child’s feet.
How do you clean dirty kids’ shoes?
Mix a solution of warm water, detergent, and white vinegar. Place your shoes into the solution and allow them to sit for at least five minutes or even overnight to remove any odors or stains.
How do you get the ammonia smell out of shoes?
First, you want to eliminate as much moisture from the shoe as possible. Next, you want to mix an equal amount of baking soda and water into a paste.
Apply the paste to the inner part of the shoes and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then use an old toothbrush to scrub it out if necessary.
Can I put toddler shoes in the washer?
It is best not to wash toddler shoes unless there are no other viable options. It is often not enough to wash these shoes with a regular amount of soap and water.
There needs to be more detergent used, and the water temperature needs to be hotter.
Watch the full video to learn how to clean pee out of toddler shoes properly.
video credit: GlitterMommy
You may be wondering how to clean pee out of toddler shoes when you know your child has peed in them, but I hope this post has helped you understand how to clean toddler shoes of pee.
The opinion expressed here is only a matter of personal opinion or belief by the author based on his or her personal experiences and knowledge.
The children’s shoes are very important to take care of and want to give the best wearing experience for you.
There are many ways of cleaning toddler shoes that can help the life of your children’s shoes, but it will not be always 100% effective.
So if you want to know how to clean pee out of toddler shoes, you may read this article carefully.