Do you have trouble hearing others when using the earpiece on your iPhone? This article will explain how to clean iPhone speaker properly.
It is common for earpiece speakers to malfunction because of dust, skin/oil, makeup, and other debris clinging to the speaker grill, which prevents audio from coming through. If you are experiencing problems with your iPhone speaker, try the steps below.
Table of Contents
What you can use to clean the iPhone speaker- 3 ways?
To clean your iPhone speaker you can use a compressed air can or a toothpick or a Q-Tip (cotton swab). List are:
- Compressed air.
- Q-Tip (cotton swab).
However, if you want to use other materials to clean your iPhone speaker, you can do it. But be careful, you can damage your iPhone speaker.
What you should not use to clean the iPhone speaker?
- Water and other liquids.
- Metal objects, such as a screwdriver or knife.
- A cloth, glove, or tissue paper if you do not clean it thoroughly after using it.
- Any sharp object can damage the speaker grill’s mesh or the speaker itself.
- Any object that is too large to fit in the speaker grill opening (for example, a toothpick).
How to clean iPhone speaker properly- 6 steps?
Here are the steps to follow:
- Turn the iPhone off then take out the battery. You will see a small hole on the bottom of your iPhone, use the toothpick and poke it in, you will see inside of the speaker and there will be a lot of tiny dust with different colors in it. Remove those dust carefully if possible, or shake it out with your finger, then clean it with compressed air.
- Now take out the earpiece from your iPhone, put the earpiece back in, and connect it to the iPhone.
- Use a toothpick or compressed air (if your model supports it) to clean out around the speaker grill.
- Clean up around the bottom of your phone with a swab/Q-tip moistened with any simple, alcohol-based soap, or simply wash with warm water and wipe dry with a towel.
- Don’t forget to clean up the inside of the speaker grill.
- Don’t forget to clean up the board and make sure it has not any dust on it too.
If your iPhone speaker still doesn’t work, you will have to replace it with a new one.
Note: If you want to reuse your old earpiece don’t forget to put some tape or something over it so you will not get anything inside of it again.
Related post: How to Clean Your Phone Case.
How to clean iPhone speaker and microphone?
To clean your iPhone microphone you should do the same as for the earpiece but this time you should also use a toothpick or any other object to clean up around the microphone hole.
How to clean your iPhone headphone jack?
To clean your headphone jack, use compressed air with a straw or just simply blow into it. If there is any dust inside of the headphone jack, you can use a toothpick to poke it out. Also, wash it with warm water and wipe it dry with a towel if necessary.
How to clean your iPhone charging port?
To clean your iPhone charging port, use compressed air and make sure you don’t get any liquid in it, if your iPhone charging port is damaged or if the liquid comes in it then you should replace this part.
How to clean clogged iPhone speakers?
If your iPhone speakers are clogged then you can use a toothpick and some compressed air to clean it out. You should also use a cotton swab to wipe out the dust around the speakers.
How to clean iPhone if the speakers are broken?
If your iPhone speakers are broken then you should replace them with a new one. If they are not working properly, there is a chance that they will get worse over time. You should immediately replace the speakers if one of them is broken or not working properly (the volume is extremely low, there is no sound, etc.).
How to clean iPhone speakers at home?
If you want to clean your iPhone speakers at home, you can use a toothpick or compressed air and then clean it up with cotton swabs. You should also use some alcohol-based soaps to clean up around the speaker grill.
How to repair iPhone speakers?
If your iPhone speakers are not working properly then try to replace them with a new one as soon as possible! If this is not possible, you can try to repair them.
How to clean iPhone 11 ear speaker?
If your iPhone 11 ear speaker is not working properly then follow the steps below:
- Place your iPhone face down on a surface that is completely clean and dry.
- Remove the back cover of your iPhone. You will see two screw holes in the bottom, remove those two screws using a flat head screwdriver or a Phillips head screwdriver and remove the back of your iPhone.
- Use a toothpick to clean up around the holes where the speakers are located.
- Place your iPhone back on the surface that you have been using for this process.
- Use compressed air to clean the speakers with the toothpick and make sure that you don’t get any liquid into them.
- Clean up around these holes with a swab or toothpick and put your iPhone back together in the reverse order that you removed it from your iPhone 11 ear speaker.
How to clean iPhone microphone?
If your iPhone microphone is not working properly, you can try to clean it up.
- Remove your iPhone from its case if you have one.
- If there is dust around the microphone hole then you should use a toothpick or compressed air to clean it out and make sure that the dust does not get back into the hole again.
- You should use a cotton swab to wipe out the dust around the microphone hole. It is the best way to get rid of dust that has been stuck on the back of your iPhone.
- If you have dropped your iPhone in the water, you should clean it immediately and then try to repair it.
- Use the toothpick to clean up around the microphone hole again if there is nothing inside of it.
- Clean up around the bottom of your iPhone with a swab or Q-tip moistened with any simple, alcohol-based soap.
- Use a towel to wipe up any dirt that may be on your iPhone screen and then put back your iPhone cover in place again.
- Replace the back cover of your iPhone if necessary and then put it back together in the reverse order that you removed it from your iPhone microphone.
How to clean iPhone speaker from water?
If you have dropped your iPhone in water, you should immediately turn it off and then put it in a bag of uncooked rice for at least 24 hours. If you have dried out your iPhone by placing it on a hard surface and then put it in your case with some paper towels, you should take out the paper towels and then leave your iPhone completely dry for about 72 hours between two paper towels.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you clean iPhone speaker holes?
To clean up the speaker holes of your iPhone, follow these:
- Turn your iPhone upside down and use a paper towel or swab to clean up the speakers.
- After you have cleaned up the speaker holes, wipe up any dust that may be on your iPhone with a towel.
- Put the iPhone in a bag of uncooked rice and leave it there for at least 24 hours so it will soak up all moisture that is stuck in it.
- Remove the rice and then wipe it up around the holes with a paper towel.
- If nothing happens after this process, you can try to clean up your speaker holes again but make sure that you don’t get any water into them.
What can I use to clean my iPhone speakers?
You can use a toothpick or compressed air to clean your iPhone speakers. A Q-tip is also a good option, you should moisten it with some warm water and then wipe it around the speaker grill.
How do you clean iPhone speaker with alcohol?
If you want to clean your iPhone speakers with alcohol, you should take some alcohol-based soaps and then use the Q-tip to wipe out around the speaker grill.
How do you clean iPhone speaker dust?
You should use a cotton swab to wipe out the speaker holes. You should also try to clean up around the bottom of your iPhone with a swab or Q-tip moistened with any alcohol-based soap and you can also use a towel to wipe up anything that might be on your iPhone screen.
Can I use hand sanitizer to clean my phone?
No, you should never use hand sanitizer to clean your iPhone, because it is not natural and it can damage your phone. The best way to clean your iPhone is with a cotton swab and a Q-tip.
How do I clean my iPhone speaker if it is wet?
If you have dropped your iPhone in a pool of water and the speakers are wet, you should immediately take out the battery and put it somewhere safe for 24 hours.
The most effective way to take care of your iPhone is by following Apple’s instructions as we discuss above. In some cases, however, sanctioned methods do not work, and we must look for alternative solutions.
You should be able to clean your device without causing any damage if you are sensible during the cleaning process. However, if you are not a rational individual, Apple’s recommendations are probably right.