Are you facing problems like your charging connector getting dirty very easily and it becomes harder to charge your iPhone device? You have landed the right place.
In this article, we will see how to clean iPhone charging port easily.
Table of Contents
What you can use to clean iPhone charging port?
You can use a few household materials like toothpick/pin, Straight edge, Triangle shape paper strip, and iPhone dust removal adapter
Here is a small video to show you how to clean your iPhone charging port easily.
If you are facing problems charging your device with the original Apple USB cable, then it is a must that you pull out your device and clean the dirt which is trapped inside the port. This is because the dust particles can damage the internal parts of your iPhone.
The above-mentioned are some materials you can use to clean the charging connector.
What you should not use to clean the charging port?
*Do not use a sharp object like a knife to clean the charging port.
*Do not try using alcohol or vinegar to clean your iPhone charging port. This may damage the sensitive parts of your iPhone and you may not have any idea about what happens next as your iPhone will create problems in the future.
*You can also use a cotton swab, tissue paper, and microfiber cloths to clean the charging port but it is always better if you pull out your device and remove all dirt this way.
How to clean iPhone charging port with 2 methods?
- Try to use paper or cotton to clean.
- Try using iPhone Dust Removal Adapter.
How to clean iPhone charging port with paper or cotton?
Try using a piece of paper or cotton and microfiber cloths to clean the charging port. This method is very simple and effective. Follow these steps to get started:
- Use a straight edge to clean dirt from inside your charging connector. The straight edge can be used to remove dirt from any surface, it works the best when it comes in contact with water.
- Next, you can use a piece of paper or cotton with microfiber cloths and try cleaning dirt from iPhone charging port by rotating it around the charging port. By doing this, you can easily remove dirt from the charging connector.
How to clean iPhone charging port with iPhone Dust Removal Adapter?
If you are using an adapter and still not getting any results, then it may be because your adapter is not made for removing dust. So you should use a new adapter to clean the charging port. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Always unplug the adapter from your iPhone before cleaning it or else your device may get damaged.
- Unscrew the end cap which is attached tightly to your phone and push the connector with a towel and wipe dust particles away from the port.
- For better results, you can use an alcohol wipe to remove dust from the charging connector. In this way, you will be able to clean the cleaning port easily.
Related post: How to clean mouse pad In Best 4 Steps.
Things to keep in mind while cleaning iPhone charging port.
- It is always important to unplug your iPhone before cleaning so that the internal parts of your device are not damaged.
- The location of your iPhone charging port is very important as it determines if you have a chance of protecting its inner parts or not.
- You should always clean your charging port with a paper towel or microfiber cloth as it can clean your iPhone charging port and save you time.
- You can also use warm water to rinse the charging port and then dry it with a paper towel or microfiber cloth so that you can use your iPhone device again
- You should avoid using sharp objects like knives and pins while cleaning the charging port so that you do not damage its delicate parts.
How to clean iPhone charging port with a toothpick?
Step 1: Get a small piece of a toothpick and insert it inside your iPhone charging port and remove all the dirt from inside, don’t forget to hold it at the top near the Lightning port.
Step 2: When you have cleaned all the dirt, clean it again with a microfiber cloth to remove the toothpick cleaner.
Step 3: Try charging your device and see if the problem is still there. If it isn’t then congratulations!
Please use the comments section below if you have any questions or suggestions. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends who are facing problems with charging their devices.
How to clean the iPhone charging port without the toothpick?
Try using a paper/cotton swab to clean the charging port. Before you start cleaning the port, ensure that you have unplugged your iPhone and take out the adapter. The same technique to clean the charging port with a toothpick can be applied if you have used a paper towel or cotton swab.
- At first, use a straight edge to remove all dirt from the port.
- Clean it using a cotton swab by rotating it around the charging port.
- Clean the port until you don’t see any dirt, remove your charger and plug your device in again.
Check out: How To Clean Glass Stove Top.
How to clean iPhone charging port with a pin and alcohol?
- Step 1: Unscrew the end cap which is attached to your iPhone or iPad and take out the adapter from inside the device. Slide out both of the connectors from your device without touching them with your fingers for better results.
- Step 2: Use a pin to loosen all dirt from the adapter which is stuck to its charging port.
- Step 3: Inject alcohol inside the adapter using a pin and make sure you don’t insert your device in it because the alcohol might damage your device.
- Step 4: Clean microfiber cloth or any soft cloth with some more alcohol and try to clean the charging port of both your iPhone and iPad.
How to clean iPhone charging port with the toothbrush?
To clean iPhone charging port with the toothbrush, you have to follow some important steps:
- First, get a toothbrush, which you can find in the car kits or from your local store like Walmart.
- Unscrew the end cap and take out the adapter from your iPhone or iPad. (Do not forget to take out all other accessories too)
- Inject alcohol inside the adapter using a toothbrush and make sure you don’t insert your device in it because it might damage your device.
- Clean cotton swabs with alcohol and clean the port using a toothbrush.
- Now, plug in your device, remove it and repeat the process again to remove any extra pieces of dirt you might have missed out on.
- Clean your phone with alcohol every time you are removing it from the charging port as this will help to get rid of dirt with ease.
How to clean the iPhone charger port with a q-tip?
- Step 1: Take out the adapter with a q-tip or cotton swab and put it inside the adapter.
- step 2: Inject alcohol.
- step 3: Clean the q-tip with alcohol to remove any dirt from the entire port.
- step 4: Clean the charging port of your iPhone charger with a clean q-tip and try to clean it again.
When you are done cleaning your iPhone, try charging it with different cables or adapters to see if there is any difference in speed.
So now your charging port looks new again, and everything charges smoothly. Although there are lots of ways to clean it, this DIY is still the best way to take care of your charging ports at home, and even better than taking your phone to be repaired.
I hope you get proper direction on how to clean iPhone charging port easily.