Do you know how to clean dyson fan filter? To have a better experience with your Dyson dc71 animal you should clean the hose filter. Here is the process.
To start, unclip the suction hose on your Dyson DC71 (if it’s still clipped just cut it off.) Open up the plastic bag that comes with your Dyson and pull out everything from inside it. Place all parts from inside the bag in a container or bowl and spray them down with your favorite cleaner (I use vinegar but most people use dish soap.
You can use a dishwasher to clean it too. If you have something to wash the parts in, I recommend using it.
When all of the parts are cleaned and dry, put everything back together excluding the power cord. Plug your vacuum back in and turn on the power switch with the brush bar closed and run it for about 20 seconds, watching closely as all of the dirt is sucked into your container. Then you can open up your brush bar and let all of that fall out too.
Table of Contents
Why need to clean the Dyson fan filter?
Dyson is a technology company that was founded in 1993 by James Dyson. The company designs develop and manufacture household appliances including vacuum cleaners. A Dyson fan filter is one of the components of some models of the Dyson brand vacuum cleaner.
A Dyson fan filter captures pet hair and dust inside your home before it can be released back into the air during vacuuming. This feature helps prevent the build-up of allergens in your home. It is also important to maintain a clean Dyson fan filter to ensure the optimal functionality of your vacuum cleaner.
The dust around the fan can affect the efficiency of the air purifier, causing a decline in air purification efficiency.
To maintain a high degree of air purification, it is necessary to periodically clean and maintain the filter. The following steps are simple and easy.
What is needed to clean the Dyson fan filter?
-dishcloth or chopsticks
You might not think that you need to clean the filter, but it is full of dust and pet hair. This can cause several problems to start with. For example, the filter becomes overwhelmed with bugs and other dirt which will then contaminate the air in your home.
What is the best cleaner for a Dyson fan filter?
Many people are looking for the best cleaner for the Dyson fan filter. I have found that there is no universal answer to the question “what is the best cleaner?” Some users may want to clean their filters regularly and others may only want to clean them when they need a deep cleaning. A good example of this would be someone who has a toddler who spills everything on his clothes and furniture, in which case they will just need to wipe it off with tissue paper until he grows out of that phase. Cleaning your Dyson filter is essential to the performance of your fan. If you do not clean your filter regularly it will end up being clogged with dust and other particles and as a result, the airflow will be restricted.
If you have pets in your house then you should sweep up the excess hair they leave behind every day. You can always clean it up more thoroughly every week or month depending on how much hair your pets leave behind.
How to clean the Dyson fan filter in 7 steps?
- Turn the vacuum cleaner on and wait for the air to clear.
- Lift off your vacuum cleaner’s filter and check for any debris that might be blocking airflow, then position it back in place.
- Squeeze two of the 4 buttons at the top of your filter, which will release it from its large plastic frame.
- Unscrew the filter from the base using a 2 mm Allen wrench.
- Pick up your vacuum cleaner, lift both sections of the top handle, and put it into position on the Top Floor vacuum cleaner’s central housing.
- Unscrew two screws from the 4 sides of your central housing with a Phillips screwdriver and then, lift it out of the rear of your vacuum cleaner’s housing by lifting on its central handle.
- Place the new filter in place but do not screw it back in place yet.
How to easily change the Dyson fan filter?
- Unplug the Dyson fan from the power
- Take off the old filter by releasing four clips at the back of your fan
- Insert a new filter into the slots, then press until it clicks for a secure connection
- Plug in the power back to your Dyson and be on your way
- Enjoy your Dyson fan!
- If you have any further information about this post about cleaning the Dyson fan filter, please leave it in the comment area, so others also know more information, thanks.
How to Dyson pure cool filter cleaning?
- Firstly unplug the Dyson pure cool from the power
- Unscrew the filter cover at the front of your Dyson pure cool and take off the new filter
- Place a new filter into place, ensuring it goes in all the way to ensure maximum airflow
- Replace the filter cover onto your Dyson pure cool and plug in your Dyson fan for easy use again
How to Dyson pure cool filter cleaning?
- Turn off the power switch.
- Take all the filters out of your fan and discard them
- Place a bucket or basin of hot water under the opening where the filter was
- Place a towel over your hand and stick it into the hot water to locate and pull out any dust and dirt that may have been sitting in there, making sure not to burn yourself with too much heat
- Use another towel to wipe off any excess residue on your hand before removing it from under the opening
- Place another new filter inside the opening and run a few drops of oil into the opening to hold the filter or contact Dyson for services, there is a special cleaner for your filter that you can use apart from water.
- Hand wash the whole unit with warm water and dishwashing liquid before using it again
- If you need to replace more than one part, it will be more convenient (and also cheaper) to purchase parts instead of filters altogether.
- Always make sure that you have the right filters on your Dyson and that they fit by doing a bit of research online so that you do not end up with an expensive mistake
- There are two different types of filters available for your vacuum cleaner
- Your vacuum cleaner will take up to two years before its filter needs to be replaced
- Make sure that you keep them clean and free from grime, dust, or any other material so as not to damage it
- You will also have to clean your hoses for any blockages to keep the suction power at its best
- If you do not use it for a long time, make sure that you keep it in an upright position with the power off or you can use a product like a vacuum seal to help you preserve the unit for longer
- You will have to check your filters from time to time and remove any unwanted dirt or dust that may have accumulated in their surface area so as not to make them ineffective
How to easily clean Dyson filter v10?
- Grab the strap and hold it at a 45-degree angle with both hands
- Take the filtration piece and push it in opposite direction to release
- Repeat step 2 3-5 times depending on how dirty your filter is.
- Use a bucket or sink to put water under and grab one of these tools: sponge, brush, toothbrush, etc
- Work the tool into all areas of the filter until all dirt is gathered up and ready to dispose of
- Use a towel to wipe off the rest of the dirt particles and discard
- Send it back in with the strap and twist it back on
- Push in from the top to make sure the filter is held tightly *make sure the flap is covering the filter when you twist it back on*
- Work from left to right to remove all air from the filter
- Remove the strap and place it in a trash can
- Take pet hair out of the brush with a vacuum and vacuum your couch or carpet with a hose.
Now it’s ready to go back in!
How to easily clean Dyson’s hot and cool fan?
- Remove any hair and dust
- Use a damp cloth to wipe off all dust particles
- Grab your vacuum’s hose attachment, turn on the vacuum, and attach the hose to it.
- Attach your cloth to the vacuum’s hose where the dirt is located on your fan
- Turn on the vacuum and let it suck up all of the dirty into one area you can easily clean off later
- Once the vacuum has sucked all of the dirt into one area turn off the vacuum
- Use one of your duster or microfiber cloth to clean off all of the spots that are left on your fan
- Once the dirt is off and you cleaned up, turn on your fan and check if there should be any more dirt on it at all
- If there is, then use a damp cloth to wipe it off, then turn it back on and check if this time there should be any more dirt on it.
How to Dyson fan filter replacement?
- Turn off the fan then unplug it from the power source
- Use a screwdriver to remove the bottom cover of the Dyson fan
- Check if there is clogging inside, if so, use your vacuum plunger or hose attachment to clean it up
- Use compressed air to blow out all of the debris from the Dyson fan filter
- Re-attach the bottom cover and plug in the Dyson fan into the power source again
- Test all functions again before putting them away in storage or moving to a new place.
When your Dyson fan isn’t spinning fast enough or not working well?
- Plug off your fan and unplug it from the power source
- Use a screwdriver to remove the cover of the Dyson fan filter from the bottom part of the unit
- Look inside you will see a lot of dust inside that is clogging up your fan thus slowing it down
- Use the vacuum’s hose attachment and clean up any dust
- Use compressed air to blow out any other debris inside the flap of the Dyson fan filter
- Plug back in the Dyson fan and test for speed and rotation again
- If you still have some major problems, you will need to replace the motor.
Frequently asked some questions about how to clean the Dyson fan filter
How do you clean a Dyson bladeless fan filter?
- The First step is to remove the bottom part of the Dyson fan as shown in the below picture
- The Second step is to remove the screws on your unit that hold the filter and pull it out (do it gently so you do not break it)
- The Third step is to unscrew the bottom part of the Dyson fan and take apart its 3 pieces (top cap, middle plate, bottom plate) from inside of the Dyson unit.
How do you clean the inside of a Dyson fan?
- The First step is to remove the cover of the Dyson fan (remove the screws)
- The Second step is to remove the top cap from inside of the Dyson unit
- The Third step is that you need to unscrew and unsnap each section that holds your middle plate inside of your unit.
- The Fourth step is to remove the middle plate and clean it with a vacuum or soft bristle brush.
- The Fifth step is that you need to remove the bottom plate from the inside of the Dyson unit and clean it with a vacuum or soft bristle brush.
- The Sixth step is that you need to remove the bottom plate of the Dyson fan and clean it with a vacuum or soft bristle brush.
How do I clean Dyson filter?
- Clean out all dirt, dust, hair, etc from your filter
- Place your Dyson filter back into your Dyson unit as shown in pictures 2-6 below.
- Place your Dyson unit back into your machine and re-attach to a power source and test it out
How often do you need to clean the Dyson fan filter?
Dyson recommends cleaning the filter every 3-6 months. For a severe case, you would need to clean it more frequently. This depends on how much dust or grime is in your Dyson’s environment.
video credit: @iConcerao
Conclusion of how to clean dyson fan filter:
Dyson fan filter replacements are one of the easiest repairs for your Dyson vacuum. Just follow the step-by-step process and you will be able to do it easily.