Hey! Do you know how to clean canon ae-1 mirror? Canon ae-1 mirror is the most important part of your DSLR, so you have to keep it clean.
To make sure your Canon ae-1 mirror is in good shape, use the guide below on how to clean canon ae-1 mirror to help you clean it.
Why need to clean the canon ae-1 mirror?
It will help you to have a sharp and bright image on your camera’s lens. You should use microfiber cloths to clean the surface of your mirror and make sure it is dry with the air.
You can gently wipe your lens using microfiber cloths or use a dust-free brush for it. Make sure your lens is closed before you clean it.
What is needed to clean the canon ae-1 mirror?
- Microfiber cloths
- Lens cleaning solution
- Brush (to remove any dust)
What are the best canon ae-1 mirror cleaning products?
- Canon ae-1 mirror cleaner – For removing scratches and dust
- Canon ae-1 lens cleaning kit
- Canon ae-1 cleaning brush (for removing dust from the inside of the lens)
- Canon ae-1 lens cap (small size) (for protecting your camera’s lens when you’re not using it)
- Canon ae-1 lens cap (large size) (for protecting your camera’s lens when you’re not using it)
- Canon ae-1 dust removal bags (to remove any dust or pet hair stuck on the lens)
- Canon ae-1 microfiber cloths.
More info: microfiber cloth, and dust removal bags
What are the steps of how to clean the canon ae-1 mirror?
- Make sure your canon ae-1 mirror is clean before you start to clean it, or else you have to clean it first. If there is a lot of dust on your camera’s lens or mirror, you can use a brush or a microfiber cloth to remove any dust first.
- Place the clone stamp on top of your camera’s mirror or lens. The clone stamp (or special pen) will help you to decorate your mirror or lens tip, so you can see it better through your camera’s viewfinder.
- Please make sure your lens is closed before cleaning it.
- Take care of your camera’s lens and mirror first, they are easy to break when cleaning them too hard and/or not following the directions in this article correctly.
- Apply the cleaner to a clean cotton swab and gently wipe it under the clone stamp.
- After cleaning, place your lens or mirror on the lens board to dry. You should make sure your camera’s mirror or lens tip is not touching anything because this may cause damage to your camera’s lens or mirror.
- Touch up your camera’s lens using the clone stamp and/or microfiber cloths, and place your lens back into your camera’s body.
- You should clean your lens every time after you finish using it until you are ready to use it again.
- You may leave the lens cap on your camera’s lens when you’re not using it to protect it because dust can get into your camera’s body with the cap off.
- Now, you should fill up and seal any scratches on your mirror or lens before storage. If they are not covered, they will make a mark on your camera’s mirror or lens.
Another post: How to clean an empty above ground pool with algae?
How to clean canon ae-1 mirror foam?
It is a rare problem to have, but you should always check your mirror for this. If you see some of the foam inside your mirror is broken or missing, you should replace it with a new one.
How to focus on canon ae-1 mirror?
- Remove the mirror, and you will see a small hole in the center of it.
- Put a piece of paper at the bottom of your camera’s mirror, or else you will not be able to see what’s below it.
- You should get your camera focus at infinity (i.e., the letter E in WF stands for infinity) on your camera focus lens, and make sure your lens is closed before focusing at the infinity point on your lens.
- Now, focus at infinity point on your camera’s mirror, and you will see what’s below your camera’s mirror.
- You can see the image on your camera’s lens when the film is pushed down to the inside of it.
- When you focus at a point in front of your camera’s lens that is closer than infinity depth (i.e., E stands for close), you should see a black area on the bottom of it, which means that you have focused close focus distance with your camera or lens.
How to canon ae-1 mirror replacement?
- Make sure you have purchased the correct mirror for your camera, or else you have to buy the new one.
- You should remove and take off the old mirror from your camera.
- You can use a plastic card to help separate them if they are still connected by any glue or sticky stuff. Then easily remove it from your camera’s body.
Watch the video to know how to clean canon ae-1 mirror.
video credit: Romping Bronco
Frequently asked some questions about how to clean canon ae-1 mirror.
How do I clean my Canon a1 viewfinder?
There are several ways to clean your Canon a1 viewfinder. Use either a lens cleaning solution or alcohol to clean it.
How do you clean a film camera mirror?
You should use a special brush to clean your camera’s mirror, you should not use any kind of liquid cleaner or a microfiber cloth for cleaning your mirror, because this will cause damage to your camera’s lens or mirror.
Can you clean the camera mirror with alcohol?
Yes, you can clean your camera’s mirror with alcohol and a lens cleaning solution. However, please make sure you’ve cleaned your mirror using the microfiber cloths first before you use any kind of liquid cleaner or alcohol to clean it.
As we have seen, cleaning your camera’s mirror or lens is not hard and you can do it easily by yourself.
So everyone should clean the mirror or lens of their specific camera, and do not leave it long to get stuff on them, because it will eventually damage your camera’s lens or mirror.
You should be careful when cleaning your camera’s mirror or lens, since dirt and dust may break them easily.