The worst thing that can happen to any homeowner is when they wake up to find foul smells on the walls and stains on the carpet. Most of the time, it’s caused by animals.
As a homeowner, you know how frustrating it can be when you have the clean your concrete. Bird poop can be unsightly. What these birds don’t realize is that there is a way to keep their valuable contribution off the concrete walkways and other surfaces, meaning less cleanup for us.
But there is no need to panic. The good news is that there are a few tricks that can make cleaning off bird poop a much easier task. Here are the best tips and tricks you can use to get started with cleaning off bird poop without any issues and you will have a chance to know how to clean bird poop off concrete.
Table of Contents
What you’ll need to clean bird poop off concrete?
Equipment / Tools:
- Jiffy Glo
- Jiffy Lube protectant
- Water hose
- Cleaning wipes
- Putty knife
- Damp cloth
- Glass cleaner
- Concrete cleaner
- Scouring pad
- Toothbrush or scrub brush (for tough stains)
How to clean bird poop off the concrete in 5 Steps.
When you have a bird poop problem, you need to address it quickly and thoroughly. Because pigeons are so common and their droppings are so acidic, they cause more damage to property than any other bird. Bird droppings can stain concrete, erode metal, and discolor and damage paint finishes. They also create health hazards because they are full of bacteria that can spread disease. The longer the poop stays on your property, the harder it is to remove.
Clean bird poop off the concrete in 5 steps:
Steps: 1. Begin by purchasing a Squeegee as well as Jiffy Glo.
Buy one for each of the surfaces that you need to clean off bird poop from and then buy some Jiffy Lube to protect your surfaces with a protective layer of wax.
Steps: 2. Begin cleaning by using the Jiffy Glo.
It is a thin water-based finish that is perfect because it grips right to the surface, making it easy to clean. Apply it to the surface you need to clean and wait for a couple of minutes until it dries.
Steps: 3. Then begin cleaning off bird poop with a squeegee.
If your concrete is really stubborn and really dirty, use a putty knife to help loosen up the dried stains left from bird poop. You can also use a Scouring Pad to loosen up the hardened areas of the concrete. It’s important that you do not use a toothbrush or scrub brush.
Steps: 4. Clean off the bird poop with a glass cleaner.
Once you have finished, then you must clean off the bird poop with a glass cleaner to remove the stains and any remaining residue left on your floors from bird poop.
Steps: 5. Use a full-strength concrete cleaner.
Finally, use a full-strength concrete cleaner to remove all traces of bird poop from your floors and driveway. These cleaners come in either a powder or liquid form. You can also use this cleaner to remove stains from your gutters and downspouts.
Now you are ready to clean bird poop off concrete using the best methods and get rid of those naughty birds! Once you have successfully cleaned off all bird poop from your concrete, apply the Jiffy Lube protectant to keep it protected and prevent it from getting dirty too quickly.
Additional Information on how to clean bird poop off concrete.
How to clean bird poop off painted concrete?
To clean bird poop off painted concrete, follow these steps:
- Start by using a wet/dry towel to clean up the bird poop.
- If there is any residue leftover, then you can use an ammonia-based cleaner to get rid of the stains.
- You can also use toothpaste to clean off tough stains on the surface of your concrete.
- For extra stubborn stains, you can sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the affected area and then use a damp cloth or sponge to scrub it off so that it doesn’t stick to your concrete surfaces.
- You can also clean off the stains using a scrub brush or toothbrush.
How to clean bird poop off the balcony?
To remove bird poop from your balcony, use a pressure washer to blast it away. Pressure washers come in a variety of sizes and capacities, so pick one that is appropriate for the size of your balcony. The more powerful the pressure washer, the more likely you are to damage the surface of your balcony.
If you do not have access to a pressure washer, you can clean bird poop from your balcony using a few simple household items. Start by picking up and disposing of any large pieces of poop that are on your balcony floor.
Then, mix one-part white vinegar with one part of cold water until they are thoroughly combined. Apply this mixture to bird poop stains using a rag or towel. Then, use a scrubbing brush to scrub the stain away. Finally, rinse the area with cold water and dry it thoroughly with a towel or cloth.
Alternatively, if you have hard water stains on your balcony, try removing these with a solution of equal parts baking soda and dish soap mixed together with water. First, dampen the stain and sprinkle baking soda on top of it.
Then, apply enough dish soap to turn the baking soda into a paste-like consistency. Scrub the mixture into the stain with an old toothbrush until it disappears completely.
Another post: How To Clean Aquarium Glass?
How to clean bird poop off the stone?
To clean bird poop off the stone, you need to follow these steps:
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe away the bird poop from your stone surfaces.
- Then, use a commercial cleaner that is formulated to remove grease and grime from stone and other surfaces.
- If these steps do not eliminate all traces of bird poop from your stone surface, you can scrub it off using a stiff bristle brush or an old toothbrush along with the cleaning solution that you used previously.
- Finally, rinse the surface thoroughly with clean water to remove any remaining body waste left behind by birds.
How to clean poop from concrete?
There’s nothing worse than stepping in poop — except, perhaps, stepping in poop while barefoot. That’s why you have to know how to clean poop from concrete.
If you don’t clean it up as quickly as possible, it will dry into the concrete and become more difficult to remove. Plus, if you leave it for too long, the smell can become unbearable.
Clean Concrete Poop:
Step 1 – Use a shovel to scoop up any solid waste that is still on top of the concrete.
Step 2 – Apply a generous amount of dishwashing liquid to the area where the waste was deposited.
Step 3 – Scrub the area with a hard-bristled brush and warm water until all traces of pet waste are gone. This may take several minutes depending on how much waste was deposited there.
Step 4 – Rinse the area thoroughly with clean water and let it dry completely before letting your dog back outside or walking over it yourself again.
How to use vinegar to remove bird poop?
There are people who love vinegar. With its powerful odor and ability to keep bloodless, vinegar is a good natural cleaner for the kitchen. Vinegar is also a great cleaner for your floors, toilets, and other surfaces that need to be disinfected.
Vinegar can remove most types of bird poop from surfaces such as concrete, wood, and linoleum. Vinegar also works well on stains in tile and ceramic surfaces as it rejuvenates them.
The steps are:
- Mix vinegar with warm water in a 1-to-1 solution.
- Pour this mixture over the bird poop stain, making sure that it covers the entire area where the stain is located.
- Allow this solution to sit for several minutes and then scrub it off using a stiff-bristled brush. Be careful not to scrub too hard as this will damage your floor or patio surface.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with clean water and dry it with a towel or cloth before walking or operating heavy machinery over it again.
Best bird poop cleaner homemade.
Here is the recipe for a homemade bird poop cleaner:
- Mix one part of washing soda with two parts of warm water until you have a thick paste.
- Apply this mixture to the bird poop stain and scrub it in with a stiff-bristled brush.
- Allow this solution to sit on the floor for several hours or overnight, if possible, and then rinse it off thoroughly with warm water.
- Repeat this procedure if necessary, until you have removed all traces of bird poop from your floor.
Aerosol deodorizer for bird poop.
Here is what you need to make an aerosol deodorizer for bird poop:
- You can get a terrarium system at a pet store or on the internet. It’s basically a sealed container that’s filled with live bacteria that break down the bird droppings around it.
- The deodorizer can be found at most home centers. You will also need a power drill and some spray paint for the terrarium.
- When you buy the terrarium, you can find instructions online on how to drill holes in the top of it and attach the sprayer.
Here’s how to use it: Spray your patio or driveway with this mixture once a week to combat bird poop odors.
Bird poop remover with hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix one part of hydrogen peroxide with three parts of water in a 1:3 ratio.
- Pour this mixture onto the bird poop stain and let it sit for several minutes before wiping it off with a rag or sponge.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with clean water and dry it with a towel or cloth before letting anyone walk over it again.
Frequently asked questions on How to clean bird poop off concrete.
Does vinegar clean bird poop?
Yes, vinegar can clean bird poop from plastic surfaces. Vinegar is a great cleaner for your floors, toilets, and other surfaces that need to be disinfected.
It’s all about the ratio:
Mix the vinegar and water in a bowl before pouring it into your toilet bowl and around the rim of it as well as on any obvious stains on the floor.
Scrub away stains with a scrub brush and clean off all traces of vinegar with plenty of hot water, too.
What is the best cleaner for bird poop?
It’s all about what you have at hand. You can actually use any cleaning solution for bird poop.
3-in-1, 409, white vinegar, simple green, and Lestoil are all great choices.
Keep in mind that to clean bird poop off concrete the best cleaning solution is a commercial one made specifically for this purpose. It will remove the stain better than common household cleaners and it will also kill any bacteria left behind by the bird poop.
How do you get dried poop off concrete?
If you’ve tried everything, including using bleach and baking soda, the last thing you want to do is to damage your floor by scrubbing too hard. Don’t worry — we have a solution for that as well.
When you’re cleaning dried poop off the concrete, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind.
First of all, not all stains can be removed. If there’s a stain on your concrete, mix equal parts of hot water, dishwashing liquid, and vinegar in a spray bottle and spray both surfaces. Make sure to spread this mixture around as evenly as possible.
You might also want to sprinkle some of the mixtures on the floor and let some sit for 15 minutes before scrubbing it off, letting it dry first. For stubborn stains, you can use a heavy-duty floor cleaner.
How do I clean bird poop off my porch?
The first thing you need to do is determine where the poop came from. If it was dropped from a bird, then you can clean it off with warm water and mild soap, or even with vinegar to take out the color. If the poop was dropped on your porch by a dog or cat, you can use commercial cleaners.
You can clean bird poop off your porch with a mixture of warm water, laundry detergent, and bleach such as Comet or Klor-Test on a damp sponge or cloth.
How does baking soda remove bird poop?
Baking soda is a great cleaner for bird poop on concrete and wood as it removes stains and disinfects the surface.
It’s all about the ratio:
1 part baking soda to 2 parts of water.
Mix the soda and the water in a bowl before pouring it into your toilet bowl and around the rim of it as well as on any obvious stains on the floor.
Scrub away stains with a scrub brush and clean off all traces of vinegar with plenty of hot water, too.
Is bird poop toxic to humans?
Bird poop is actually not toxic to humans. If you or your kids have been playing on the grass and you’re worried about dangerous bacteria or toxins, try cleaning your shoes with vinegar.
Vinegar also removes stains from bird poop on concrete, so it’s basically a double-action cleaner for this task.
If the bird is flying over your house in a group, try making a homemade net to catch them and get rid of the problem once and for all. Here’s how to do it:
- First, you need to create a frame for the net. If you have any canes, cut them into sections and use them as sticks. If there are any that aren’t strong enough, use two canes per section.
- Next, you need to attach the sticks together in a rectangular shape with string or wire so that it resembles an inner tube.
- Tie the top of your inner tube with a string so that it’s six inches away from the top.
- Attach the handle at the bottom by attaching it to your frame.
- Now place your net at a height so that you can capture birds.
- Before you run out and start catching birds, remember that it’s best to catch them in the morning so that they won’t make any more mess inside your house once they’re caught.
How long does it take for bird poop to ruin paint?
It depends on the kind of paint that you’re using. There are two kinds of paint: water-based and oil-based.
If you’re painting with oil-based paint, then it’s best to wash the bird poop off as soon as possible, because once it’s dried it’s going to ruin the paint job. If you’re using water-based paint, then there’s no need to worry because bird poop won’t ruin your floor once the paint is dry.
The best way to clean bird poop off concrete is with a pressure washer. Birds tend to choose high areas like roofs and ledges when they are going to leave an unwanted gift. The pressure washer will give you the accuracy and the distance needed to target the poop, spray it down, and power it away easily.
My hope is that this article will help you, at the very minimum, navigate all of the possible options for cleaning bird poop of your concrete. After you’ve concluded all of the things included here, I would love to hear about your own techniques for cleaning up your concrete from bird mayhem. Comment and I’ll do my best to get back with a reply!