Hey! Do you know how to clean a Blackstone griddle? Blackstone griddles are a very popular appliance for home use. They provide the ability to cook and serve a variety of food types, including pancakes and crepes. Even though these machines are built to last, they can start to show signs of wear and tear over time.
If you notice that your Blackstone griddle is not heating evenly or putting out a satisfying amount of heat, it may be time for some cleaning. This guide will help you to clean your Blackstone griddle properly so that it will continue to work efficiently.
Table of Contents
Why need to clean a Blackstone griddle?
Cleaning a Blackstone griddle is important so that you can get the best out of your griddle. It is also important to clean your Blackstone griddle because it will help to prevent rust and corrosion.
A clean griddle will allow you to cook more efficiently and faster, which means you can get more done in less time. You can also use your griddle for other things besides cooking, such as baking bread or frying food.
Blackstone Griddles are made from cast iron and have a non-stick surface. The cast iron construction makes the griddle last longer than other types of griddles and it also means that cleaning is not necessary as often as other types of grills.
The high heat on the grill surface can cause food to stick to the grill. This is especially true if you use a high heat setting on your grill. To avoid this from happening, clean your grill after every use with a soft brush or cloth. You should also clean your grill when it has been sitting unused for some time so that any gunk that has built up on the surface can be removed easily.
What is the best cleaner for a Blackstone griddle?
There are many different ways that you can clean your Blackstone griddle and you must choose the right method for your particular needs. Different types of cleaners available can be used to clean your Blackstone griddle but there are some things that you should avoid when using them. These include using any type of abrasive cleaning product or chemical cleaner on the surface of your Blackstone griddle as this might damage or scratch it over time; try using a sponge or brush instead.
1. Aluminum foil
This is the easiest method of cleaning your Blackstone griddle. All you need to do is place a piece of aluminum foil on top of the griddle and then turn it on. Leave the griddle on for a few minutes and then remove it. The heat from the element will cause the aluminum to become soft, which should allow you to easily remove any debris which may have stuck to it and also clean off any grease that has built up on it.
Vinegar is a very effective cleaning agent. It can be used on any type of surface, including kitchen counters and cutting boards, which means it is a good alternative if you don’t want to use soap or other types of chemical cleaners when cleaning your griddle. All you need to do is pour some vinegar onto the surface of your Blackstone griddle and then wipe it clean with a soft cloth. Rinse it with water after to remove any traces of vinegar that are still on the surface.
3. Dish soap and water
This is another popular method of cleaning a Blackstone griddle. You should pour some dishwashing liquid into a sink and add a little water. Use a sponge or cloth to clean the griddle with this mixture, scrubbing at any spots that are difficult to remove. The hot water from the sink will help to loosen up any grease that has built up on the surface which you can then remove with your sponge or cloth.
4. Detergent and baking soda
Mix some detergent and baking soda in a bowl and then apply it to your Blackstone griddle using a brush or soft cloth. Leave the mixture to sit on the surface for a few minutes, which should allow it to loosen up any grease or debris which is sitting on the surface.
5. Vinegar and salt
This is another popular method of cleaning a Blackstone griddle. The following steps outline how to use this method. Pour some vinegar onto a plate and then sprinkle a little table salt over it. The salt will help to lift any debris which has attached itself to your Blackstone griddle. Gently rub the surface with the vinegar and then rinse it off with clean water.
How to clean a Blackstone griddle in 7 steps?
- Remove any debris off of the surface of the griddle using a soft cloth.
- Rinse off your griddle with plenty of clean water.
- Place a paper towel over the surface of your Blackstone griddle, making sure that it is completely covered in paper towels. Turn the griddle on and leave it to heat for at least 10 minutes, during which time you can use another piece of paper to wipe off any grease which may have collected on the surface.
- When the 10 minutes are up, turn the griddle off and start to peel the paper towel back. It is best if you do this slowly rather than all at once, which will help prevent any grease from being splashed onto your clothes.
- When you have removed the paper towels, turn the griddle back on for another two minutes to allow it to cool down so that you can safely clean it with a cloth or sponge.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe the surface of your griddle clean.
- When you have finished cleaning the griddle, make sure that you allow it to cool completely before storing it away; this will help to prevent any damage from occurring to the surface or any of the other parts of your griddle.
What is the best oil to clean the Blackstone griddle?
There are many different oils that you can use to clean your Blackstone griddle. Some people prefer to use vegetable oil whereas others like to use canola oil or olive oil. Canola oil is known as a natural, cold-pressed, edible grade of cooking oil which contains approximately 60% monounsaturated fats and 15% polyunsaturated fats.
Olive oil is known as unrefined vegetable oil that has been pressed from the fruit of the olive tree. The high levels of antioxidants which are found in olive oil have been shown to have some health benefits, including reducing blood platelet aggregation and lowering cholesterol levels.
Olive oil is also known for its great skin benefits and it can be used to treat many different types of skin disorders, making it an excellent choice for people who suffer from acne or eczema. It is also known for its antibacterial properties and can therefore be used to treat wounds, cuts, burns, and other injuries.
Related post: How to clean the rock griddle?
How to clean a griddle with vinegar?
- Place a piece of aluminum foil on top of the griddle.
- Turn your Blackstone Griddle on for a few minutes and then remove it, allowing the heat from the element to cause the aluminum to become soft and remove any debris.
- Using a soft cloth, gently wipe off any grease which may have collected on the surface of your griddle.
- When you are happy with the results, rinse off the surface of your griddle with plenty of clean water.
How to use the Blackstone griddle cleaning kit?
- Pour a generous amount of the cleaning kit onto the griddle, using a brush or sponge to scrub it into any areas which are difficult to reach.
- Leave the cleaning kit to sit on the surface for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off any debris that has collected on top of it.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe away any traces of your cleaning kit from the griddle and then allow it to dry completely before using it again.
How to clean a griddle with baking soda and vinegar?
- Start by pouring some vinegar onto a plate and then sprinkle a little table salt over the top of it.
- Using a sponge, start to gently rub the surface of your griddle with the mixture that you have created.
- When you are happy with the results, wipe away any debris that has collected on top of the cleaning mixture using another piece of sponge.
- Once you have removed all traces of the mixture, turn your Blackstone Griddle on for 10 minutes and then turn it off.
- With a clean piece of cloth, wipe the surface of your Blackstone griddle to remove any residue from the cleaning mixture.
- Turn your Blackstone griddle back on for another two minutes to cool it down and then wipe away any marks that may have been left behind by the cleaning mixture.
- Repeat the process if necessary, making sure that you do not put too much cleaning mixture onto your griddle or leave it on for too long.
How to clean Blackstone griddle without crayons?
- Turn your Blackstone Griddle on and then leave it to heat up for at least 10 minutes so that any grease or grime which may be stuck to the surface will loosen itself up.
- Ensure that the griddle is completely cooled down before trying to remove any grime from the surface.
How to clean the Blackstone griddle cover?
- Make sure that the griddle cover is completely dry before removing it from your Blackstone Griddle.
- Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe away any grease or grime which has collected on the surface of the griddle cover.
- When you are happy with the results, wash the cover in warm soapy water and then dry it off thoroughly before storing it back into your Blackstone Griddle for future use.
Related post: How to clean the rock griddle?
What is the best oil to clean the Blackstone griddle?
Your Blackstone Griddle needs to be cleaned from time to time. This is not just a cosmetic thing. If you let the griddle sit for too long, it will start to show signs of rust and corrosion.
The best way to get your Blackstone Griddle clean it with some oil or cooking spray. I have had success using Castile liquid soap on my cast iron cookware, and I have also used olive oil on my electric grills.
The best part about this is that it doesn’t require you to use any chemicals or cleaners, so it’s safe for your health and the environment.
The only downside is that it can be messy if there is food residue stuck in the crevices of your cookware, but there are ways around that problem. You can use a sponge or cloth rag to gently wipe the surface clean after washing or rinsing off any loose food particles.
The best oil to clean the Blackstone griddle is olive oil. olive oil is common cooking oil and it has a low flashpoint, which means it won’t ignite easily. It also comes in a liquid form that makes it easy to apply to the surface of the Blackstone griddle.
If you want to keep your Blackstone griddle looking new, you should use olive oil on it after each use. You can also use it if you have any scratches or chips on the surface of your Blackstone griddle.
You mustn’t put too much on at once because mineral oil can be difficult to remove from nonstick surfaces and it will take some time before everything starts coming off.
If you’re going to do this yourself, make sure that you cover up all areas around the surface of your Blackstone griddle and leave them for about an hour before trying to remove them with another tool such as a spatula or scraper.
Frequently asked some questions about how to clean a Blackstone griddle
What is the best way to clean a Blackstone griddle?
Start by filling a bowl with warm soapy water and then place a sponge on top of it. When the grill has cooled down, remove the griddle plate and use the sponge to gently rub away any grease or grime which has collected on the surface of your griddle; this should be carried out gently as over-scrubbing can lead to scratches being left on the surface of your Blackstone Griddle.
How do you clean a Blackstone griddle after cooking?
This is probably one of the most common questions people have when it comes to which Blackstone Griddle to buy. This is also probably a hard question to answer as it is down to personal choice and what you feel comfortable doing.
You could try and use a dry paper towel or you could use a sponge; whichever you feel comfortable with. There are also many different types of cleaning products that you can buy from any local hardware store, so there is no reason why you cannot try these out as well.
How do you clean the Blackstone griddle after sitting?
If you spend a lot of time cooking on your Blackstone Griddle and then leave it to sit for some time, it may develop a film of grease that has built up on the surface. You could try giving it a regular clean or you could just wipe it. Some people prefer to clean their griddle straight after every use and others prefer to only clean them every few weeks.
Can you use Dawn dish soap on a Blackstone griddle?
Some people like to give their griddle a good scrub with some Dawn dish soap and water, but you must be very careful when doing this as it can cause scratches to be left on the surface of your Blackstone Griddle.
video credit: The Griddle Guys
Conclusion of how to clean a Blackstone griddle:
The first step in cleaning a Blackstone Griddle is to remove all the accessories from the base of the grill. Remove the upper and lower grid, then remove the drip tray from its slot beneath the grilling area.
Cleaning begins with scraping out all the crumbs and food particles from the drip tray. Then give all pieces a good scrubbing with hot soapy water, followed by a good rinse.
Once clean, dry each piece with a towel and lay them out on paper towels to air dry before placing them in their respective slots on the base of the grill.